The IT Industry is very broad and covers many professions. As with many industries, there are associations that IT Professionals can become members with, whether you are an IT Consultant or IT Contractor, Software Developer or other IT Professional.
Each association offers something slightly different with varying levels of membership. In this article we outline some of the benefits and membership details of Australian Web Industry Association.
The Australian Web Industry Association (AWIA) is one of the professional associations for Australia’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector.
AWIA look to represent all ethical and professional people within the industry including designers, developers, managers, consultants, SEO’s, marketers, content providers and more. They are a non-profit organisation looking to enhance the interests of the industry.
AWAI don’t require their members to be working in the industry, merely just express an interest and they have three levels of membership:
- Business – open to companies, businesses and freelancers who make their income from the web
- Individual – for employees of web businesses or those with an interest in AWAI
- Student – for full time students who are studying multimedia, web or IT
To become a member, view the categories and select the right one for you then apply here.
The AWIA website has many other links and resources for professionals, students and interested people. Click here to view their website.
Other IT Industry Associations:
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Information Industry Association
- Information Technology Contract & Recruitment Association Ltd (ITCRA)
- Comptia The It Industry Association
- IEEE Computer Society
- International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Association of Computing Machinery
- Women in Technology
- Communications Alliance
- Council of Australian University Directors of Information Technology
- International Webmasters Association
Looking for IT Insurance for your Business?
As the business of IT Professionals differ so do our insurance solutions. At Optimum, we provide IT professionals the security of dealing with experienced advisers in IT insurance.
We provide the following dedicated IT Insurance Products Online:
- IT Professional Indemnity & Liability Insurance (compare quotes and buy online in minutes)
- Cyber Risk Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Industrial Special Risks Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Corporate Travel Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Insurance Premium Finance
Disclaimer – “This material contains general information only and may not suit your particular circumstances. To decide if a policy is right for you please carefully read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and/or Policy wording. While we have exercised due care and skill in preparing this information, Optimum Insurance Services (Optimum) does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for negligence or otherwise to you or anyone else who seeks to rely on this information. This includes, without limitation, loss arising from a possible failure of the information to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements or the failure of the information to identify other terms and conditions beyond those considered in this document. You should obtain advice to ensure that your policy provides adequate cover for your circumstances.
“Optimum Insurance Services Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet Australia Pty Ltd (Car No. 291220), Australian Financial Services Licence No 240549, ABN 15 003 886 687.”