Age Care, Home & Community Care Insurance

Age Care, Home & Community Carers Insurance Policies

Whether you are a business providing Aged Care, Home or Community Carer services to the elderly or clients with disabilities or an NDIS recipient who employs a disability carer or a Volunteer non-paid carer, we have dedicated insurance packages that can provide a tailored insurance solution to suit your unique insurance needs.   

Our Aged Care, Home or Community Carer insurance services include the following: 

  • Attendant Care
  • Domestic Care
  • Transitional and Post Acute Care
  • Respite Care
  • Transportation Assistance

In addition to Carers, we also provide cover for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) providing education in Aged Care, Home and Community Care and Disability Care.

We can tailor an insurance solution for you, your business and your employees, including the following:

  • Public & Products Liability Insurance
  • Professional Indemnity Insurance
  • Business Property Insurance
  • Motor Vehicle Insurance
  • Directors and Officers Insurance
  • Employment Practices Liability Insurance
  • Personal Accident Insurance
  • Workers Compensation Insurance 

Contact Us For A Quote

We welcome all enquiries in relation to our insurance products and services. To obtain advice or a competitive quotation enquire online. If you would like to discuss your specific needs further, please call 1300 739 861 and speak with our friendly and helpful advisers.

Select the activities that best describe your business

  Aged/Disabled and Respite Care Services including Community / Home Care Workers
  Operation of a Nursing Home /Hostel / Self-Care / Retirement / Independent Living Units & Facilities
  Other activities – Please provide full details below
Have you had any prior professional indemnity and/or liability insurance claims?

       Yes     No
  I Agree to the terms of the Privacy Statement


Professional Indemnity Insurance FAQs

NDIS Programs - Home & Community Care Providers

Home & Community Care Provider may include provision of assistance and care for persons with physical and/or mental disabilities, and/or aged persons that live under their own means within their own accommodation. 
Services include: 

  • Assistance with daily personal activities, 
  • Household tasks, 
  • Meals preparations / deliveries, 
  • Transport, 
  • Assistance with consumables, 
  • Social and community participation, 
  • Recreational activities, 
  • Supervision of medication Respite Care (short-term accommodation and assistance)  

Types of Clients:  Low Needs, Standard Needs, Higher Needs

Lower needs:

This support provides supervision of living arrangements as a whole including occasional to intermittent prompting to undertake household tasks and/or self- care activities:

  • Supervision is not usually provided 24/7, supervision may be provided via off-site monitoring if appropriate
  • If the participant has had incidents of challenging behaviour, a behaviour support plan is in place and it is demonstrated that the participant can be supported effectively within the available support

Where a participant has additional support needs, they may be supported in this living arrangement through a mix of additional paid and informal supports

Standard needs:

This support provides 24/7 support which includes:

  • Active assistance or supervision of most daily tasks
  • Regular inactive overnight (sleepover)
  • Participants may be able to spend some time with their family or a friend without paid support and may call on them for incidental assistance or companionship

If the participant has episodic or occasional challenging behaviours there is a behaviour support plan in place which has been demonstrated to effectively support the person within the available support

Higher needs:

This support provides highly frequent (at least 1 instance per shift) assistance to the individual where features such as:

  • Managing challenging behaviours that require intensive positive behaviour support;
  • Continual, active assistance with all daily tasks;
  • Active management of complex medical needs such as ventilation;
  • Active support is provided 24/7 usually with an active overnight shift;
  • Inactive overnight sleepover may be included as an exception, for example when family or friends sleepover;

May include higher staffing ratios at peak periods, for episodic or incidental behaviour supports, or emergency medical needs (e.g. seizure management or discharge from hospital)

When it is reasonable and necessary for a participant to be supported in a shared living arrangement, a quote is requested from a registered provider for delivery of the support.  This would be a extreme high care needs policy. 

What Insurance's Do I Need?

At minimum, Public Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance (if a sole trader, you will require a Personal Accident or Income Protection Insurance). You may also require Professional Indemnity Insurance, if you are providing a professional services including the supervision and monitoring of medication. 

Who is A Professional

Anyone who gives to another person advice and/or services of a skilful character according to an established discipline might be regarded as a 'Professional'. That means persons other than those in 'traditional' Professions, such as doctors and lawyers, are now considered to be Professionals, i.e. Computer consultants, advertising agents, acoustics consultants, trade associations and fund managers. The law requires that certain industries, for example Architects, Accountants, Engineers, Financial Advisers, Solicitors and Insurance Brokers, to exercise an appropriate level of skill when providing advice to third parties.

Why Do Professionals Need PI Insurance?

A Professional will hold himself or herself out as having a special skill, which can be relied upon by another. Consequently the law requires that the Professional exercise the required skill to an appropriate level expected by that profession.

Professionals are only human and mistakes do happen. Any financial loss, injury or damage arising from a mistake or failure by the Professional to exercise the required level of skill may mean that an award is made in favour of a person who suffers a loss, damage or injury. A Professional may also be held to be liable for a mistake even though there was no negligence.

In the event that a financial loss, injury or damage arises from a failure to provide that appropriate level of skill  may result in an award for damages being provided to the third party that suffers the financial loss, injury or damage. The Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover for damages awarded against the Insured Person and/or Company including costs or expenses incurred in defending the claim.

Related Insurance Products


  • IT Liability Insurance Policies
  • Business Insurance Policies
  • Cyber Risk Insurance Policies
  • IT Contractors Insurance Policies
  • Professional Indemnity Insurance Policies
  • Machinery Insurance Policies
  • Business Insurance Policies