Types of Claims
Claims fall in to one of two categories, or a mixture of both:
- Claims by you (eg. Accidental loss or damage, burglary, glass breakage)
- Claims against you (eg, third party allegation of negligence)
What to Do
Both categories require that certain procedures be followed to ensure the process runs efficiently:
- Record all details of the incident or loss. (Incident report form)
- Report claims promptly to your insurer or insurance broker and seek advice on what to do.
- Complete claim forms and forward with applicable documentation (such as quotes for repair/replacement, photos of damage, proof of ownership, third party demands etc).
- Minimise loss by taking precautions to secure premises or vehicle to prevent further damage.
- Never admit liability as this is up to your insurers to accept or reject liability.
- Communication is important and all documentation should be forwarded as quickly as possible after the incident.
Whatever the claim type, you must make sure you notify your claim to your insurer or insurance broker as soon as possible and gather all relevant information at the time of the incident (such as third party details and/or witness details).
It is important that all claims are settled quickly and fairly so as to minimise any disruption to your business. Completing a claim form immediately, or as soon as practicable and submitting the details to your insurer or insurance broker means your claim can be actioned quickly and efficiently and minimising the impact to you.
At Optimum Insurance Services, we pride ourselves on our fast and efficient claims service. If your insurance is with us and you need to make a claim for whatever reason, you can relax knowing that we will be there to assist you throughout the process. It’s all part of the service.
To notify of a claim click here or if you need advice, call us on 1300 739 861.
Disclaimer – “This material contains general information only and may not suit your particular circumstances. To decide if a policy is right for you please carefully read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and/or Policy wording. While we have exercised due care and skill in preparing this information, Optimum Insurance Services (Optimum) does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for negligence or otherwise to you or anyone else who seeks to rely on this information. This includes, without limitation, loss arising from a possible failure of the information to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements or the failure of the information to identify other terms and conditions beyond those considered in this document. You should obtain advice to ensure that your policy provides adequate cover for your circumstances.
Optimum Insurance Services Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet Australia Pty Ltd (Car No. 291220), Australian Financial Services Licence No 240549, ABN 15 003 886 687.”