The IT Industry is very broad and covers many professions. As with many industries, there are associations that IT Professionals can become members with, whether you are an IT Consultant or IT Contractor, Software Developer or other IT Professional.
Each association offers something slightly different with varying levels of membership. In this article we outline some of the benefits and membership details of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology.
The International Association of Computer Science and information Technology (IACSIT) is one of the professional associations for Australia’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. They also operate internationally.
IACSIT organise conferences, workshops and provides sponsorships and technical support o conference and workshops.
IACSIT seek to encourage communication and collaboration on both a national and international scale, promote professional interaction and career development. Their membership tier is structured as follows:
- Senior Member – must have a PhD
- Fellow Membership – must be a senior member first
- Member – most basic option available
To become a member, click here to being the process.
IACSIT have many other valuable resources for IT Industry professionals. To review their website, follow this link.
Other IT Industry Associations:
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Information Industry Association
- Information Technology Contract & Recruitment Association Ltd (ITCRA)
- Comptia The IT Industry Association
- Australian Web Industry Association
- IEEE Computer Society
- Association of Computing Machinery
- Women in Technology
- Communications Alliance
- Council of Australian University Directors of Information Technology
- International Webmasters Association
Looking for IT Insurance for your Business?
As the business of IT Professionals differ so do our insurance solutions. At Optimum, we provide IT professionals the security of dealing with experienced advisers in IT insurance.
We provide the following dedicated IT Insurance Products Online:
- IT Professional Indemnity & Liability Insurance (compare quotes and buy online in minutes)
- Cyber Risk Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Industrial Special Risks Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Corporate Travel Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Insurance Premium Finance
Disclaimer – “This material contains general information only and may not suit your particular circumstances. To decide if a policy is right for you please carefully read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and/or Policy wording. While we have exercised due care and skill in preparing this information, Optimum Insurance Services (Optimum) does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for negligence or otherwise to you or anyone else who seeks to rely on this information. This includes, without limitation, loss arising from a possible failure of the information to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements or the failure of the information to identify other terms and conditions beyond those considered in this document. You should obtain advice to ensure that your policy provides adequate cover for your circumstances.
“Optimum Insurance Services Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet Australia Pty Ltd (Car No. 291220), Australian Financial Services Licence No 240549, ABN 15 003 886 687.”